Monday 16 November 2009

Daye 53 / It's Always Wet In P.a.u.l.'s Room

the mist was coming off the lake
as i caught hold of the rocket's tail
and it pulled me into the sky
rolling so i could see underneath
m15's greenish smear
spreading itself below
and the wind stings my eyes
beneath the dazzle of white stars
i heard myself singing
as i sped forward
some sweet song
which you had placed in my mind
the words made me sleepy
and the melody began to run away from me
like droplets rushing down a window in a summer rain

we fly into a cloud
a cloud
a cloud put there by the military
filled with crystals of strange ice
nothing that was warm lived in there
nothing living lived in there
and we left as fast as we entered
as the rocket began to come apart
as the cloud begins to come apart
turning to
turning to water
water
to water
falling to earth

there is no wind where the riverruns
into the cold grey foaming sea
and the fog rises up and outwards
like the sheet ghost
in whistle and i'll come to you, m'lad
scintillating jewels hang from your necklace
the light that flickers
on/off on/off
is the city beneath the surface of the mythological sea
ruby red arising
and lascivious green
a blacklight lantern
which i hold in a dream
makes shadows which criss-cross the water
to the source of the lights
in freefall i cry out
for that dream-lantern once more
though my lungs were beginning to give up
'cos i was flying so hard
i was flying so hard
and humming harder
hmmmmmmm
oh all the saints
oh, the saints preserve us
that god-given beam of light
launchs me up
out of the seafog
and on into the stratosphere

and the stars enlarged
but they came too soon
all the while my belly ached from laughing
like a poetess i was getting all of this down
word for word
my mind for once swollen with the knowing
inky black innerspace invading the outerspace
my rocket dials hitched
a flick of a switch
and i am holding on for dear life
said my goodbye
said my goodbye
goodbye
now you can sit and watch
as i burn-up
as i burn-up on re-entry

uh, i'm back
watery wet
wet
this room is
always wet
through the window the stars are dripping
and the moon is a milky bubble
and i have remembered my self
and i was humming like an angel

the man from the government contacts me
as soon as all the dreamtime summer festivals are over
he has a kosmiche fever
star-stuff oozing from every pore
he asks me questions
and tells me i have something that belongs to him
i lie and try to hide the lantern
while it does it's best to give me away
and so the man leaves
returns moments later
with a couple of heavies
but i am not taken in
by promises or threats
begin to hum to myself
i fool them into believing
i would give them the lantern
until at the last minute i thrust my hand
into a secret panel in the wall
where the lantern is hidden
and flick the little switch
ha! the humming and
the beam of light
launch me up and out of there

harin says my house is always dreaming
always dreaming
and that it has things living in it that only we can see
she has no fear of the future
for she can remember exactly what will happen when and to whom
and now that the soft soft night is here at last
singing to us
and the stars are revolving in their heavenly firmament
far enough away so as to gently oscillate
she calls up a solar wind
an hour or two of sweet irradiation
and the words
the melody
the gush into being
the pristine long lick of a song
which i hold onto like a dream

the men have tracked me
i see them
out the corners of my eye
at night they try to break into my dreams
they covet the song as much as the lantern
so the whole of my existence
has been falsified
declassified documents fall into my hands
and then mysteriously disappear
this is a war between realities
the psychedelic christ is here
stooping to conquer
with mind-expanding drugs and miracles

harin is in a dead faint
all she could see was everything
and the boys the boys
the boys were looking to me for leadership
i had snuffed out my lantern
and i was dripping with the bright
by the time harin's swoon was over
and she had alighted
those government men were rolling their heads
against the breasts of their joyless girls
one by one they dropped their fronts
and it made me smile
watching those silly young things
pretending to be
pretending to be
something they would never be
just reminded me of me
when i was...
when i was...
still too feint
still too feint
to get my mojo working

ah, but now it's 2010 or 3019
or whatever year it is
's all the same to me
dates make no
make no difference
we are plugged into something
something that is not time extant
we are ready for it
we belong together
reality is melting
as fast as the useless plastic and chrome that fills our homes
time slips
the city shakes
my blacklight lantern still glows
even as the aether jumps like a fish in boiling water
and the heavens split open
the prophets are driving us all insane
with their endless yabbering
dust
invisibility
we all know that nothing is real except maya

i'm the original doubting thomas
my lantern in my arms
through the ceilings we fly
and i still don't believe
i have to put my fingers
directly into the crack in his head
to massage his pineal
to convince myself that it is really...
...him

he sighs
so, you have failed the acid test
says the psychedelic christ
did you dream me in the past?
if not, then why should you no longer believe?
blessed are they that have not seen
and yet have believed

my freaked out voice
and undertuned guitar were long gone
i gazed into his eyes
and they were low blue spirals
"it's funny how things can change
in just a few millenia
once i turned water into wine
now i must turn water into...
into...
into ayahuasca
...dmt
...acid.." he sighed
"i have become little more than a pusher..."
i thought then of patti smith
and the stars twinkled in the noir crayola field that we call sky
and i tripped and dropped my hand in his

here 'tis
do i feel it coming
here 'tis
i feel it coming
illuminate my daye
ah, give me back my grace
help me come to my senses
like a dreamer
like a bird
like a dancer
like a child
no longer can i live in the dark
my mind is flooded
like nuvoletta
i reflect myself in the mirror
though the heavenly one
with his constellatria and his emanations
stood between

the sun rises
the universe is an automaton
i get out of my bed
the floor is wet
the day is already folding in on itself
i see geodesics through my window
in the fried green fields
cloud nines and mellotron flutes
auroras and snowstorms
seeing and hearing everything at once
and i'm trying hard
still humming
i will travel to the isle of apples
i must find him her again
i reach for my lantern
but today there is no lantern
just this beam of light
which launches me up and through the roof

No comments:

Post a Comment